Acquisitions / Development
- $3 MM acquisition of defaulted debt on land in New York.
- $25 MM acquisition, repositioning, reflagging, and turnaround of 218-key hotel in Wilmington, DE.
- $35 MM acquisition of foreclosed 218,000 SF portfolio of 12 retail centers, Atlanta, GA.
- $60 MM facility assessment and site acquisition strategy for Seattle Art Museum in downtown location.
- $72 MM deal structure and acquisition of prime foreclosed Los Angeles property with subsequent sale for $110 MM at auction.
- $200 MM conversion of 200,000 SF loft building into 110 luxury condominiums & street level retail, New York, NY.
- $300 MM acquisition and development of 1,500,000 SF mixed-use office, retail, and residential property in suburban Washington, DC.
Dispositions / Sales
- $10+ MM sale of the Robert Mondavi Estate in Napa, California.
- $17 MM structured sale of condominium portfolio in Los Angeles, Houston, and St. Louis.
- $25+ MM sale of high-rise luxury condominiums in Annapolis, Maryland.
- $40 MM financial strategy, sale structure, and disposition of proposed 700,000 SF mixed-use office / retail development site in downtown Seattle.
- $170 MM redevelopment and sale of 275-acre R&D complex in New York for residential & commercial uses.
- $340 MM repositioning sale of 650-acre corporate headquarters in Connecticut for mixed-use development.
Real Estate Advisory Assignments
- $30 MM financial evaluation and winning real estate litigation strategy in asbestos contamination suit of 230,000 SF office building in Atlanta, GA.
- $110 MM loan workout and project repositioning of 400-unit high-rise condominium in Jersey City, NJ.
- $120 MM financial strategy, cash flow development analysis, transaction structure, and negotiations for 400,000 SF building in Tokyo, Japan.
- $200 MM feasibility assessment of 1,140-unit luxury condominium, rental apartment, and hotel portfolio (existing and new construction) in New York City.
- $685 MM market assessment of 85-acre mixed-use development in Las Vegas, NV, with an arena, hotels, condominiums, hotels, retail space, office/exhibition/trade space, and gaming casinos.
Management/Strategic Consulting Assignments
- MP Interactive / e-Builder - an Internet-based collaborative technology company - retained the firm as interim COO to analyze company structure, financial status, and operations; create comprehensive strategic plan for marketing, product development, growth, and expansion of core business; manage corporate and legal counsel in preparation for IPO.
- John D. & Catherine T. Mac Arthur Foundation - Responsible for implementing and managing a multi-year grant to provide management expertise to five ethnic and emerging cultural arts organization in Palm Beach County.
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Department of Music - Retained to guide the department chair in a one-on-one assessment of current duties and responsibilities as head of the Department of Music in light of significant cuts in state funding and as a first step in developing a five year plan to raise funds for the music department in order to: maintain academic programs; recruit and keep talented staff; and attract gifted students with scholarships and financial assistance.
- Palm Beach County Council of the Arts (PBCCA) - Retained to co-chair the Palm Beach County Cultural Planning Committee (comprised of CEOs, COOs, Executives, and elected officials from throughout the county) to evaluate the current 'state of culture' in all of Palm Beach County; advance a vision reflecting the needs and aspirations of a rapidly growing and demographically diverse population; produce a comprehensive master plan for use by cultural leaders, board members, as well as foundations, corporations, and wealthy individuals; and be endorsed and approved by elected officials and the county commission.
- Citizens Reunited to Overcome Cancer (CROC) - Retained to conduct a comprehensive analysis of programs; fundraising capacity; management and leadership; need for professional staffing--including compensation; and systems for collecting data, reporting, accounting, use of funds, and general record keeping.
- Business Volunteers for the Arts (BVA), Palm Beach and Broward Counties, Florida - Retained to restructure, stabilize, and expand program services to organizations serving artists, dancers, musicians, actors, and others by recruiting talented business professionals (businessmen, accountants, attorneys, computer specialists, graphic designers, etc.) and matching them to important projects in need of expert skill and experience, in order to: solve problems; undertake specific project activity; advance the mission of individual organizations; and--in time--create new sources of revenue (and leadership) for program expansion and outreach.